"Login and Get Started"
Login -OK, so you've registered with the MCC Message Board and now you're ready to change your password, post messages, and/or subscribe to the Events Forum; but first you have to "Login".
You can "Login" from just about anywhere on the message board by clicking on the "Login" button, which is near the upper right hand corner of the message board window ( just to the right of the FAQ button ). You will also see a "Login" text entry boxes at the bottom of the message "Board index" screen.
Clicking on the "Login" button will take you to the "Login" screen. You will need to know your "Username" and "Password", both of which you should have gotten when you registered for the MCC Message Board.
Type your username and password into the appropriate entry box and click on the "Login" button, which is just below the entry boxes. Next, you should see a screen that says "You have successfully logged in". In a few seconds you should automatically return to the message board "Index" screen.
NOTE: The username is usually NOT case sensetive, but the password is case sensetive. If you are having trouble with the Login, check your password to make sure you are using upper or lower case where needed. It must be exactly as it appears in the registration e-mail your received. Also check to see that you do not have the Caps Lock on. If there are any blank spaces in your username, make sure they are in the right places.
Password Examples: GRT1758, grt1758, and GrT1758 will not work if your password is GRt1758.
Username Examples: Tom W and TomW are not the same, but tOmw, tomw, and ToMw will all work the same if your username is TomW.
Change your password - Now that you have logged on to the message board for the first time, you should change the password that was given to you during the registration process. This will insure that no one else has access to your account on this message board.
1. Click on the "User Control Panel" link, which is in the upper right hand corner of the message board window ( near where the Login button was ).
2. Next, click on the "Profile" link in the "Options" box, which is on the left hand side of the screen.
3. Now click on "Edit account settings". You will now see text entry boxes for your username, e-mail address, confirm e-mail address, new password, confirm password, and current password.
4. Type a new password of your choice into the "new password" text entry box.
5. Re-type the same new password into the "confirm password" text entry box.
6. Type the old password into the "current password" text entry box.
7. Click on the "Submit" button near the bottom of the screen.
Other Stuff - Now that you have been to the User Control Panel, you can see that there are many ways to customize the way the message board looks and feels for you.
Avatars, Signatures, and Subscriptions are just a few of the many message board features you will now be able to enjoy.